Reading your applications for admissions and getting to know each of you 🙂
No, in all honesty ETA Readers, I do apologize for not writing sooner. Like many of you, I am currently busy with reading application files, answering emails, and other work obligations. Plus it is NCAA basketball season so I have started attending many of the basketball games on campus! I am sure that many of you are currently working on getting through your 1st semester classes or 2nd trimester classes or for some of you (particularly those of you who attend school in Central & South America), you may even be finishing your final year of high school/ secondary school. Whatever you may be doing, I hope all is going well for you during this busy time of year!
As I mentioned before, I have been reading lots of applications these days – which means I’ve been working on getting to know each of you a little bit more. Some of you…:
- Have lived in multiple countries and can speak several languages.
- Have won championships with your high school athletic teams.
- Are incredibly talented artists/musicians/performers – thank you for sharing your artistic talents with us!
- Have overcome some tough obstacles along your life journey.
- Wrote essays that were so creative and funny – thank you for the good laugh that I had!
- Take fascinating classes – how do I sign up to take “Campaign 2008″or “Out of Tune: Music and the State in the 20th Century”?
- Are very passionate about things like the economy, the environment, your community, dancing, your family, etc.
And most importantly, all of you have been fascinating to get to know in this application process!
Of course, before I go any further, I definitley need to offer my CONGRATULATIONS to our students who were accepted to Elon under Elon’s EARLY DECISION deadline! Those decisions were released on Monday, December 1st and thus we already have several hundred students who are coming to Elon next fall! To those who were not offered admission to Elon under the Early Decision deadline, feel free to contact me if you have questions about your admissions decison (email@example.com).
And finally, I leave you with some photos from one of Elon University’s annual traditions: The Holiday Lighting Event. This event takes place every year around this time and is when much of the main part of campus is lit up by lights in the buildings & trees and luminaries along the brick walkways. Elon is absolutely gorgeous on this evening – be sure to check out the photos from Elon’s professional photographer by visiting: http://www.elon.edu/e-net/Note.aspx?id=933691.