Can you believe that it is almost May?
With the end of the Spring Semester rapidly approaching here at Elon, I thought it would be most appropriate to recap some of this spring’s happening as well as mention an upcoming campus event!
There is much more to come as the semester winds down for the 2008 – 2009 school year!
Good evening ETA readers!
A much (belated) happy Chinese New Year to you! The Chinese New Year/ Spring Festival officially started on January 26th which ushered out the year of the Rat and ushered in the year of the Ox. I know there are several readers out there who are currently celebrating this new year – many of you have indicated through your emails that you are on break from school right!
Also, Elon’s Winter Term has officially ended, and thus this is a good time to give everyone a preview of what is to come this spring! In addition to the beautiful, sunny Carolina skies that we at Elon are looking forward to, there are a number of important events to know about. This spring, look for blog updates on the following events:
A brand-new Admissions website – INCLUDING a new International Admissions site. (If you visit www.elon.edu/admissions, you can see our new site although the International Admissions site is still under development.)
Visits to Elon’s campus by world-renowned speakers: Madeline Albright will be on campus on March 31st while CNN’s Anderson Cooper will speak at Elon on April 7th.
My international travels to several countries in Central America.
Several on-campus Admissions events: NC Student Day, Phoenix Fridays, Fellows & Scholarship Weekend, Spring Orientations, and a Junior Open House.
And most importantly, we will see who will be enrolling in Fall of 2009 for our next freshman class! There is a lot of work ahead, but most importantly, a lot to look forward to as well!
Happy Wednesday everyone!
So you may be wondering about the title of my email, but truly there are some unique and innovative events and activities that are going on at Elon these days – it truly makes me want to be an undergraduate student at Elon University again!
To give you a sampling of some of these events and activities
- On Thursday, October 16th, Republican vice-presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin will be speaking on Elon’s campus. Whether you are supporting the McCain/Palin ticket or the Obama/Biden ticket, it surely promises to be an amazing opportunity! Click here to check out some of the details of her visit to campus. By the way, Elon also hosted former President Bill Clinton earlier this past spring when he was campaigning on behalf of his wife, Senator Hilary Clinton.
- While we are on the topic of speakers at Elon, former U.S. Secretary of State, Madeline Albright, and current CNN news anchor, Anderson Cooper, will be speaking at Elon University this spring. Former U.S. Sec. of State Madeline Albright will be the speaker at Elon’s Spring Convocation for Honors in March and Anderson Cooper will be doing a special lecture in April.
- Interested in skiing in Colorado? Elon Outdoors is taking students out to Colorado to go skiing in December after exams are over – not a bad way to relax after the stress of exams!
- Looking for something to do THIS Saturday night? Why not watch a *FREE* showing of the latest Batman film, “The Dark Knight” on the lawn sponsored by our Student Union Board. By the way, did I mentioned this was free? 🙂
- Elon University is making significant steps in “going green”! You can check out our new Sustainability website here and see that we’re not just saying that we are “green”, but we are actually making it happen!
And this is just a sampling of some of the exciting and innovative events that are occuring at Elon this year….
It definitely makes me want to be a student at Elon again!